Getting Help: Know the #’s
It’s OKAY to Ask for Help (for you or someone else)
Together we can create a Suicide-Safer CSUN Community
Remember! Program your cell phone with the University Police number 818-677-2111, which can be used for emergency and non-emergency calls.
- College students are more likely to confide in their peers, romantic partners, roommates, or friends when they are in distress or experiencing suicidal thoughts.
- Talking with a peer can be helpful and life-saving.
- Help is available. The goal is to keep everyone safe. You can help by knowing who you would tell if you were in distress. Be ready to ask or help or encourage your peers to get help.
In the event of an Emergency, call 911.
CSUN Campus Connections
- CSUN 24HR Police Dispatch- 1-818-677-2111
- CSUN Counseling Services- 1-818-677-2366
- CSUN Helpline (6PM-midnight daily)- 1-818-349-HELP (4357)
- CSUN Klotz Student Health Center- 1-818-677-3666
- CSUN Matador Safety Escort Services- 1-818-677-5042 or 5048
- CSUN Rape Crisis Advocate- 1-818-677-7922
- CSUN Veteran’s Resource Center- 1-818-677-4672
- CSUN Pride Center- 1-818-677-4355
- Strengths United: A CSUN Community Agency: 24HR Support- 1-818-886-0453
Off Campus Connections
- Asian Pacific Counseling and Treatment Center- 1-213-252-2100
- GLBT National Hotline- 1-888-843-4564
- National Child Abuse 24HR Hotline- 1-800-422-4453
- National Dating Abuse 24HR Hotline- 1-866-331-9474
- National Domestic Violence Hotline- 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) & 1-800-787-3224 (TDD)
- National Human Trafficking 24HR Hotline- 1-888-3737-888 or text BEFREE (233733)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline- 1-800-273-TALK (8255) and for hearing and speech impaired 1-800-799-4TTY (4889)
- Rape Abuse and Incest National Network (RAINN)- 1-800-656-HOPOE (4673)
- Crisis (Distress) Center- 1-877-727-4747
- Teen Line- 1-800-855-HOPE (4673) OR 1-800-TLC-TEEN (852-8336)
- Emergency Shelters- 211 or 1-800-548-6047